Current job availabilities, for which we encourage you to apply. If you’d like to submit an application for any of the job openings listed below, please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Social Media Specialist
Position: Social Media Specialist
Contract: 1 year with potential for renewal, full-time
Application Deadline: April 17th 2021
Salary: commensurate with experience and location. Based on relevant experience and U.S. location, the salary band is $3,000 to $4,000USD per month.
To apply: send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
FNCD is a Strategic Communication Initiative supporting dozens of global partners working on the issues of forests, Indigenous Rights, Nature Based Solutions, food and agriculture. Collective Conscience provides digital expertise for this Initiative through trainings, social media insights, amplification and capacity building.
Forests, sustainable land use, land rights and a just food system are an essential part of the global response to climate change. To advance these solutions, digital communication strategies must play an active role in helping create more political, media, and public sentiment for action on climate change and environmental protection.
The core of the Social Media Manager’s role is to work with NGO partners to help develop and deploy digital strategies across social media channels that seek to realize the potential of forests, land-use and a just food system to address climate change, benefit people and protect the environment.
You’ll need to be a great communicator with passion for how digital channels can drive impact. You’ll need to be a natural facilitator and collaborator to engage partners, with strong skills in presenting information in written and spoken English. As we operate globally, additional languages such as Portuguese, Spanish and Indonesian Bahasa are an added advantage. This role suits anyone with a background in digital marketing, social media strategy, digital community management or social media advertising.
- Work alongside our team of colleagues to develop and execute long and short-term social media strategies that grow both engagement and following.
- Manage our Twitter and Facebook accounts, align and support our LinkedIn, Medium and website strategies. Monitoring of social media communications in key markets on our in order to inform and curate for daily content strategy across platforms.
- Monitor, compile, and utilize digital data regularly and effectively to curate for daily content, inform decision-making and implement digital plans.
- Develop creative content and copy for social media channels unique to platforms and perform quality assurance to ensure content is within specifications / error-free.
- Execute paid media strategies to complement organic and owned social media content to grow audiences, deepen engagement, and amplify campaign impact among various communities.
- Perform basic social media ad buys (some experience with Facebook ad manager / business manager and/or Google Ad Words is preferred but not required) and consistently manage implementation of all ad operations requirements for campaigns – tracking, tagging, naming with close attention to detail.
- Build and manage reports to help identify and analyze performance and efficiencies, working with the team to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Robust written and verbal communications skills in English. Spanish, French, Portuguese, Indonesian Bahasa, Mandarin or German are a plus.
- Professional experience producing social media static, gif and/or video content. Adobe Photoshop proficiency is preferred but not required.
- Exposure to land-use, food, nature, climate and Indigenous Rights issues.
- A disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust community of peers.
- Positive attitude and collaborative approach to teamwork and problem solving.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves ego-free approach to the work of the organization is a must.
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging environment and work across phone/video, time zones, slack, email, etc.
- A passion for, keen understanding of, and demonstrated knowledge of best practices across multiple social media platforms, and a track record of growing and sustaining an engaged social media following on at least one channel.
- 2-5 years experience with social and digital media, ideally for cause based communication, particularly if the work involved a commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to climate change.
- Strong analytical capacity, particularly experience with Excel, as well as Google Sheets and an aptitude to learn Google Data Studio and social media management tools.
Collective Conscience is an equal opportunity employer committed to advancing opportunities for people from marginalised backgrounds, particularly for BIPOC, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA, and from the Global South. Our team ranges from multiple countries and backgrounds, who are dedicated to disrupting systemic inequalities internally, in our relationship with the wider climate and environmental movement, and in all our public work.